When we walk with God, we must walk:
- In humility (Ephesians 4:1)
- In love (Ephesians 5:1-2)
- In the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23)
- In faith (2 Corinthians 5:7)
- In honesty before all men (Proverbs 11:3)
- In forgiveness with all men (Mark 11:25)
- In obedience (Isaiah 1:19)
- In the wisdom of God (James 1:5)
- In victory (1 Corinthians 15:57)
- In the fear of the Lord (2 Corinthians 7:1)
- Free from the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:16)
- As children of light (Ephesians 5:8)
- Full of and controlled by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18)
These qualities describe our daily behavior, lifestyle, conduct, and character as Christians. They are compasses that let us know where we are spiritually — either in infancy or in maturity!
This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. But you have not so learned Christ, if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. (Ephesians 4:17-24)
Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? (Galatians 3:3)
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16)
If we walk in the Spirit, we will grow up! Then:
- We will not walk after the flesh.
- We will not obey the lusts of the flesh.
- We will not do the works of the flesh.
- We will not commit adultery of fornication.
- We will not be carnal, “baby” Christians.